Friday, November 11, 2005

Welcome to My Blog

Welcome to my Blog which I will use to communicate current information, thoughts and ideas about IT at George Fox University.

I came to George Fox University in the summer of 2004 after asking
God to place me at a faith based institution in the West. Well Newberg,
OR is about as far west as you can be and George Fox University is
truly a Christ Centered institution. And I love it here. The last year
has been challenging and rewarding for the Institutional Technology
team as we have improved the network, acquired new software solutions
and laid the groundwork for many new initiatives. You can check IT News for specific IT activity.

I came to George Fox University from the Purdue School of Engineering and Technology in Indianapolis, IN. where he served as the Director of IT for 8 years. Prior to the IT career in Academia, I was employed as a Systems Consultant with Hewlett-Packard primarily with the Analytical Group working out of San Francisco, Cincinnati and Indianapolis. Other jobs included IT activity in the Oil Shale and Coal Mining industries of Colorado along with owning a computer store in Steamboat Springs, CO. Prior to the IT careers, I was a Chemist for various electric power generating companies.

I earned his bachelor’s degree in chemistry from Indiana University, IU, in 1978 and completed an MS in Bioinformatics from IU in 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment