Friday, February 1, 2008
Times They Are a Changin
I witnessed something today that may be the greatest indicator that Microsoft’s roll out of Vista is truly a disaster. I sat in on our monthly meeting for our student employees. These students represent the “techies” on campus and even though we are moving toward Apple, many of these students personally use a Microsoft PC. The discussion was centered around changes for next year. So a student asked “Do we have any plans to support Vista”. The question was answered with a truthful, “We have no plans to support Vista”. The group of about 40 students responded with cheers and applause. I was immediately struck with flashbacks of previous releases of Microsoft where my IT student workers wanted to support new releases such as 98, 2000 and XP before IT officially required it. I consider this a significant data point for Microsoft since these students are the technology evangelists for their generation. Oh well, Microsoft understands, the release of the Yahoo OS will help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment