This is sort of a followup to my previous post where I predict the importance of the Apple Touch. I want to confirm that after spending a few days with the new iPhone/Touch Apps I am convinced that the iPhone has truly changed the course of mobile computing. First of all I am not sure how Apple will meet demand just for the gamers. I am not a serious gamer, but I bought Super Monkey Ball just to experience the gaming interface. Yes it is "Way Cool" but more important it redefines the user interface. Finally there is opportunity for new games. Up till now except for the Wii you had to point and shoot, ride or steer. Now we can again dream about what will be the next "Killer Entertainment App".
Creativity combined with the best mobile interface will finally drive all of those apps that we just could not justify on the other tiny screen mobile devices. Academic software will steadily flow to this device since "as I mentioned" it will be standard equipment for every college student. The Social Networking apps do extend FaceBook, MySpace, Twitter, AIM, GTalk, etc to the mobile student which will cause Universities to worry about their effect. I am still expecting the next generation of the Touch to offer iChat which will vault it to the top of the private communication stack. The medical profession will standardize on this device, just look at EProcrates Rx to understand the significance the display plays for medical validation. Combine that with a camera and live communication and we may finally have a way to offer expert medical diagnosis in the field.
I can't remember anther point in technology time when the development window was so wide open. Won't it be an interesting year.

No comments:
Post a Comment