Monday, March 8, 2010

Let Freedom Ring

I was recently interviewed by OurBlook with questions about the future of Education. They asked me to comment because of issues I have brought up concerning the iPad's possible affect on Education. Their questions helped me better encapsulate this change in computing that is upon us. I do think that technology such as the iPhone on the low end and Netbook on the high end pointed our tech industry toward a more accessible computing solution for all. That may be the iPad but I do believe the iPad will at least open the door.

Manipulating American's massive consumer engine to maximize profits is all that matters to the major international businesses. Automobiles, pharmaceuticals and yes personal computers are heavily marketed and we know we over buy but that may be changing for PCs. Not because we see the light but rather because the supplier's profit engine has shifted to distribution and advertising. What a shame we have pushed these complicated computing devices into the consumer mainstream. Why should my parents have to worry about viruses and spy-ware. That's why I am excited about this new generation of internet access devices led by the iPad. Our eyes will be opened and the masses will be allowed to participate. That will definitely have some influence on education.

No comments:

Post a Comment