Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just Impressed that Google is Willing to Wave

In my last post I mention how we have abandoned our Jabber server since GTalk gives us all that we need. I am even happier now knowing that we may actually be laying the groundwork for how we will all "Wave" to each other. The problem is with stability which is really the main issue. Most of the solutions/clients we currently use tend to fall short of that desired stability and I would assume they are based on a more traditional transactional handshake. I can't imagine the complexity of managing Wave transactions. Wave is an ambitious realtime OS but it has to account for every conceivable interruption as well as interpretation of user status. But you know what, it is so impressive that Google is even trying to do this. It gives me great confidence in what they assume the Internet will be capable of.

No comments:

Post a Comment